Free School Meals 2021-22

Putnam County Schools USDA Seamless Summer Option and Community Eligibility Provision Meal Opportunities for the 2021-22 School Year

Putnam County Schools will participate in the USDA Seamless Summer Option (SSO) and the Community Eligibility Provision for the current 2021-22 school year. These programs provide FREE breakfast and lunch to all students enrolled in Putnam County. Household applications are not required to receive free meals this school year. However, each school will distribute meal applications to collect household income data for other programs requiring this information or for families to become eligible for additional federal benefits that may be distributed this school year. If parents would instead use the online meal application process, they can access it at The following schools are designated as CEP schools (Buffalo El, Hometown El, Poca El, Rock Branch El, and Lakeside El) which are not required to complete any household applications for eligible benefits. 


All students will be served breakfast and lunch at no charge at all county schools. If your child is a virtual learning child interested in receiving free meals and would like to pre-order school meals for daily or weekly pick up, please get in touch with your child’s home school to register for meal pick up. In addition, if you have other non-school-age children under 18 and are interested in receiving free meals, please get in touch with your child’s home school location.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
fax: (202) 690-7442; or