General Employment Application
The general employment application and all supporting documents are required for employment with Putnam County Schools.
To apply for a specific position from a posting, see the "Application Process for a Posted Position" below.
- Complete each item. Make sure that the information is accurate, current and legible.
- Applicants for professional positions must include all supporting documentation indicated on the Professional Personnel Application Checklist.
- Applicants for service positions must include all supporting documentation indicated on the Service Personnel Application Checklist.
All necessary forms are located in the main menu under Employment > Employment Forms.
An employment application is considered complete when all supporting documentation has been received. It will be maintained in the Personnel Office for 18 months. You may update your application file at any time, add information and/or request an extension of the 18-month time limit.
A vacancy is advertised for a minimum of five (5) working days. Vacancies are usually posted soon after each Board meeting, if necessary.
Vacancy bulletins are posted at all schools, at the Central Office and on the Putnam County Board of Education and West Virginia Department of Education web sites. They are also available through the county hotline (304-586-0500, extension 3).
Application Process for a Posted Position
To apply for a specific job, you must complete the appropriate Vacancy Application for each position for which you are applying. This form is located under Employment Forms to the left.
If you are applying for more than one position, you must rank the positions in order of preference. Only job vacancy applications received by the Personnel Office within the posting period will be considered. Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date for all positions.
Job vacancy applications may be submitted in the following manner:
* placed in the box in the reception area at the Central Office,
* delivered to the Personnel Office
* faxed to (304) 586-0519
* emailed to the Personnel Office (Click here to email application)
* mailed to:
Putnam County Schools
77 Courthouse Drive
Winfield, WV 25213