Transportation information for parents:
- Bus operators will wear face coverings when students enter or exit the bus.
- Bus operators will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces before and
- after all routes.
- Bus operators will keep doors and windows open during cleaning and between trips/routes to allow for airing out of the bus.
- During the route, bus operators will lower the windows approximately one inch or
- more (weather permitting) to allow for proper ventilation.
- Bus drivers and aides will clean, sanitize and disinfect equipment including items such as car seats, wheelchairs, walkers, adaptive equipment, and all other high touch point areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided on each bus for use by drivers and students.
- Students will be limited to two to a seat or three if all are from the same family.
- Face coverings are required for students K-12 while in transport and will be made available to those who do not have a face covering.
- Students will be seated from the back to the front as they enter the bus. Students will exit from the front to back.
- A student identified with COVID-19 symptoms will not be transported home by the school bus at the end of the day. They will be required to be picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Students will not be permitted to ride the bus home with other students at the end of the day. Students must follow their regular route and bus assignments home.
Please Note: In order to ensure each school facility has adequate time to social distance students upon arrival, serve student breakfast, and to provide extra time to sanitize and prepare for the day, all Putnam County Schools will delay the start time of the school day for all schools during the 2020-21 school year by 30 minutes.
For example, if your student would usually board his or her bus at 6:15 am, this year, he or she would board at 6:45 am. This time adjustment is only for school-day start times. School dismissal times remain the same. For school-specific start time questions, please contact your student’s school for further guidance and information.
View PCS Bus Route Information HERE.
View the West Virginia Department of Education’s “WVDE Bus Safety” Video HERE.